- This event has passed.
Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business – Programs and Support Information Session
21/10/2019 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Looking to hire staff? We’re here to help.
Join us for an information presentation and have the opportunity to network with other local businesses and learn about the government support available to help you manage your future workforce. Jobactive makes hiring staff easy – Get started now.
Hear from guest speakers on:
- Recruitment support available to your business
- Financial Incentives available to contribute to wage and training costs for new employees
- Opportunities available for you to host an intern
- How an internship can be a pathway to an apprenticeship or traineeship
- The benefits of apprenticeships and traineeships and how they can bring in the skills specific to your business
There is a range of Australian Government initiatives and incentives to help employers hire staff. As a business if you hire a job seeker through one of the Australian Government initiatives, you may be eligible to receive up to $10,000 of financial assistance to help with the costs of hiring and on-boarding a new employee.