MARÉ LAWYERS WORKWISE 2021 Lunch & Learn Series – FAIR WORK AMENDMENTS!
April 29 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm$35.00 – $50.00
15 Stirling Street, Bunbury
On 18 March 2021, Parliament passed the Fair Work Amendment (Supporting Australia’s Jobs and Economic Recovery) Bill 2020.
The Bill, among other matters, introduces a statutory definition of casual employee and imposes positive obligations on employers when employing casuals.
Whether an employee is a casual employee will depend upon the engagement’s substance rather than its form or appearance.
The misclassification of casual employees can lead to claims against the employer for backpay regarding unpaid entitlements and the imposition of penalties.
This seminar aims to provide the audience with practical tips in:
- Determining casual employee status under the Fair Work Act.
- Dealing with roster arrangements.
- Identifying key indicators of casual employment.
- The payment of casual loadings.
- Understanding the effectiveness of “set-off” arrangements.
The seminar material and presentation are designed to be as interactive as possible.