- This event has passed.
Misconduct and Adverse Action: Session 3
August 29 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm$25
In the first Tasty Topics Seminar, held in May, Workwise Advisory Services director Sieg Maré gave an overview of Industrial Relations in the Workplace titled “How To Protect Yourself In The Industrial Relations Arena”.
In that seminar Sieg explained how he would continue to drill down into the specific issues outlined in that seminar, and the second seminar examined in more detail the issues of “Poor Work Performance and Mental Health/Bullying”.
We are pleased to announce details of the third seminar in this series
Part 1: Misconduct
- Definitions – what characterises “misconduct” and “serious misconduct”;
- Practical examples of “misconduct” and “serious misconduct”;
- How to deal with issues which may arise when dealing with misconduct; and
- Latest developments in the State Commission & Fair Work Commission
Part 2: Adverse Action
- What constitutes “adverse action”;
- Who is protected against “adverse action”;
- The meaning of “workplace rights”.
- Practical examples of “adverse action” and “workplace rights”;
- How to deal with issues raised from adverse action;
- Latest Developments in the Fair Work Commission.