Workwise Advisory Service Tasty Topics – Employment Law Updates and Practical Guidance
February 27 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm$25
Happy New Year!!!! The first of Workwise 2020 Lunch and Learn series commences
The sessions will provide Employers with the most recent employment law updates and practical guidance when managing complex workplace issues.
Changes of Employment Legislation
A number of significant changes to Modern Award conditions will come into force on 1 March 2020. The changes will introduce new requirements on annualised wage arrangements and record keeping.
With the FWO extensively investigating the practice of annualised salaries, it is now more important than ever to comply with the new requirements.
Through an interactive two-hour session Sieg will:
- Provide an overview of the significant changes to Awards
- Provide practical examples in formulating arrangements that comply with the new requirements
- Discuss and debate the implications of the recent decision on Paid personal/carer’s leave
- Outline how to avoid the misclassification of employees and contractors
- Explain the importance of written employment agreements
- Provide helpful tips that may assist employers in managing payroll requirements more effectively