- This event has passed.
Workwise Advisory Services – Modernisation of WA Health & Safety Legislation
November 26 @ 11:30 am - 2:00 pmFree
On 3 November 2020, the Work Health and Safety Bill 2019 (WA) (WHS Bill), was passed by Parliament, bringing the modernisation of WA Work Health and Safety Laws one step closer to reality.
The seminar will examine in more detail:
- The expanded duties of care on employers;
- Ongoing due diligence requirements;
- Obligations on officers;
- The new obligation on customers and visitors to workplaces;
- Offences and Penalties provisions; and
- Defences and excuses that are available to employers charged with offences.
By the end of the seminar, you will:
- Be aware of the critical changes to WA Health and Safety Legislation;
- Be able to recognise and appropriately act on possible Work Health and Safety deficits within your business; and
- Be able to prepare a legally compliant Bully and Harassment Policy.