The State Training Board will be hosting a forum at Edith Cowan University Bunbury campus, 585 Robertson Drive, College Grove WA 6230, from 11am to 2pm.
They are extending an invitation to the Bunbury Geographe Chamber of Commerce and Industry Executive Committee and members to attend the forum.
The purpose of the forum is to meet with local employers, businesses and industry stakeholders to listen to your experiences with the VET system, including the employment of apprentices and trainees. The Bunbury session forms part of a State-wide consultation being undertaken by the State Training Board with the purpose of making recommendations to the Minister for Education and Training on how the State can grow apprenticeships and traineeships and also to understand the types of services employers would like to access through your local TAFE.
The consultation session will explore the following questions:
• What are the administrative burdens or other barriers to setting up apprenticeships and traineeships in Western Australia?
• What are the challenges, issues and barriers to attracting quality candidates?
• What single initiative, if implemented, would encourage employers to take on apprentices and trainees?
• What are the challenges, issues and barriers to employers participating apprenticeships and traineeships in schools?
• What services, programs or assistance would you like to see offered by TAFE Industry Skill Centres to employers, unions, students, parents, community members?
To register, please visit their website: www.stb.wa.gov.au and click on the “November 27 Event – Bunbury Consultations” (right hand column) and complete the registration form to register your attendance.